Local Council Spatial Intelligence Data Released
Seb Haan, 5 April, 2018
Urbanfinity is excited to release to local governments the following update GIS layers:
- Accurate building vector footprints
- Building heights and building elevation heights
- Floor-space ratios for all cadastral parcels
- Secondary dwelling structures
- Pool identification
The February 2018 Geoscape data update saw 3,465,773 new building features added to the national database, now with a total of 12,324,610 buildings. For New South Wales the number of buildings has increased by 777,463 to a total of 3,376,486. Almost every building (greater than 9 metres squared) and address in New South Wales is now mapped.
- States can be defined by population distribution, industrial/commercial activities and the probability of natural events such as flooding occurring.
- Building attributes including building footprints in 2 and 3 dimensions, building height, building elevation, roof material, solar panels and swimming pools are now available
- Surface Cover at 30-meter resolution is now complete for all of NSW, and there has been a significant increase in Surface Cover at 2 meter resolution
The interactive map below shows our total coverage that is currently available, and that which is still awaiting release. As can be seen, updated data is available for the vast majority of NSW and most of Australia. The remaining data is expected to be released by mid 2018.